Monday, May 09, 2005

Procrastination

Reading a lot of things I don't need to while not reading what I should.

Rising Up and Rising Down, by William T. Vollman - a fat tome excised from fatter tomes. Vollman's abridged addition caught my eye on the bathroom shelf, and kept me enthralled for half an hour at least. His section on the moral calculus of violence is mind-boggling in scope and detail, and setting it down was damn nigh impossible.

Krugman has his past writings up on his site, one of which caught my eye - it describes supply-side economics as a virus. Fascinating stuff, and interesting to read his predictions of future supply-side resurgences written from the time of Dole.

And that lead me to the wiki on Richard Dawkins, creator of the metameme (or meme about memes - he coined the term meme). This in turn brought me to his essay "Viruses of the Mind," an interesting if somewhat bonkers read.

On to Arendt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home