Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Providence

I am unbelievably happy, making the emotional craziness of today complete - more on that later. I just found, thanks to the seeming inability of the building staff to throw anything away, a stack of notebooks I thought I'd lost in May. I was certain they'd been destroyed along with the desk they were in, which was removed during renovations. I see this as a rare second chance to pay attention to what is valuable; these notebooks, holding the record to my academic life for the past three years, are irreplaceable.

They happened to be in a storage room that I have never seen unlocked before, and I happened to be visiting the basement garage at this strange hour. If anyone out there is responsible for this coincidence, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home