Saturday, February 11, 2006

One Republican I like

Bob Barr is awesome:

"Are we losing our lodestar, which is the Bill of Rights?" Barr beseeched the several hundred conservatives at the Omni Shoreham in Woodley Park. "Are we in danger of putting allegiance to party ahead of allegiance to principle?"

What the hell is the rest of the Republican party doing? Republicans I knew as a kid were people of mostly sound minds, with whom I differed on some aspects of government spending. They certainly were not out to assassinate all my civil liberties.

If they ever want to get my vote, Republicans ought to listen to Barr.

Of course, I don't expect that any time soon:

But nobody said anything in the deathly quiet audience. Barr merited only polite applause when he finished, and one man, Richard Sorcinelli, booed him loudly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home