Monday, March 13, 2006

Law rules after all?

So, I shouldn't have to say this, but I will just in case: I am not a fan of the September 11 attackers. There. That being said, I do think everyone deserves equal protection under the law, that this is an essential condition of a democratic state, and so I'm encouraged that the judge in the Moussaoui trial is so irate that prosecutors have flagrantly disregarded her directives regarding witness testimony. We've seen a lot of violations of legal rights of the accused over the last few years, all justified by their supposed status as terrorists. It's very good to see someone standing up against such illegal, anti-American behavior.

For anyone angered by this development, it's important that you blame the horrendously incompetent prosecutors for this incident, not the judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home