Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Questionable strategy

So, ordinarily I'd think Iran was insane to threaten the US over possible sanctions, as this kind of rhetoric backs up the US position that Iran is dangerous and shouldn't have nuclear arms capabilities. But you know what? Iraq tried to be compliant, and we invaded them anyways. US foreign policy has left rational axis of evil rulers with no clear motive to do what we'd wish them to, so we may be left with this crazy stuff for the foreseeable future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alastair P. Forbes said...

Tru-dat! I read that this morning and was blown away.
this is my favorite part...

"The United States has the power to cause harm and pain," Iran said a statement meant for delivery at the International Atomic Energy Agency's 35-country board meeting in Vienna.

"But the United States is also susceptible to harm and pain. So if that is the path that the U.S. wishes to choose, let the ball roll."

Well at least we can rely on Bush to take a calm and reasoned approach to all of this. Oh yes, calm and reasoned... I am SO glad I live in Canada.

Great blog!

March 8, 2006 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger onlooker said...

I envy your canadian residence, sir. I sincerely hope that you are sufficiently distant to escape the fallout once the shit hits the fan.

March 8, 2006 at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home