Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Slashdot wisdom

I got a kick out of this:
Lately, with all of this censorship by the FCC, reporters being arrested because they won't reveal thier sources, and now this talk of congress censoring video games, I propose a constitutional ammendment that will protect my freedom to say what I want to. The text of this fictional amendment (which doesn't exist because this stuff wouldn't even be considered if it did) would read something like:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Once this one is up, we'll work out one with regards to them arresting people indefinately without a trial....

1 Comments:

Blogger Demon Princess said...

VERY funny, in a tragicomic sorta way.

Also like the "one big fat old Republocon" illustration.

Thanks for sharing both.

Since you have so much work to do, let me know if you need another intern. I have a keen interest in politix & law degree & with no place to put in *don't say it or I'll kill you, smartass*

I imagine it would be VERY lonely to still have a brain & think for yourself in DC these days, or a whole lotta fun if you have a dark & perverse sense of humor.

Let me know if a position opens up.

Althougy

June 20, 2006 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home