Sunday, July 03, 2005

I'm Back

I'll post photos sometime soon. Until then, what the hell?!

How did the world explode while I was away? Why are we being plunged into the messiest, most bitter of political battles, that of an O'Connor replacement, rather than the less pivotal one of Rehnquist's? I left contact with the world just as the Court's session ended without the Chief's exit, and I thought all was well. Now Roe is in jeopardy, and this time there'll be federal laws forbidding abortion. Specter better deliver on his promise of moderation, or a lot of us will be getting screwed.

And what's this flag-burning amendment doing? I'll be buying flags in bulk if it gets through. If we don't stand for freedom, our flag is worth nothing anyway; it ought to be retired, in that case, and burning is the best way I know to do that.

The country is lost right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Yeah exploding would definitely be the word for it. I feel like I need someone to hold my hand. Oh and by the way, you missed Live8 (or did you?).

July 3, 2005 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger onlooker said...

Actually, I didn't. I watched some last night, after I woke up. Seemed like an impressive collection of artists. I'll blog about it in a bit.

July 3, 2005 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home