Sunday, August 21, 2005

How to look overzealous

Well, one great way is to arrange an anti-anti-war demonstration. Another is to say this:

"If I have to sacrifice my whole family for the sake of our country and world, other countries that want freedom, I'll do that," said Qualls, a friend of the local business owner who started the pro-Bush camp, Bill Johnson

Kinda reminds me of another guy.

... more seriously, I feel badly for Qualls' loss (as may the folks at Camp Casey, it seems, since they keep putting a cross up to honor his son). And he's certainly free to grieve however he wants. My point is that I don't think everyone is prepared or willing to make the same sacrifice as he is. Also, I think countless people not prepared to give up so much will make political hay out of his reaction, hiding safely behind this gold-star father's rage. It's ironic, since it's exactly what those very pundits, radio personalities and spin doctors have criticized about Sheehan and her supporters.

Life has a sick sense of humor, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home