Monday, February 13, 2006

Catchy

I simply cannot get this out of my head. Especially this:

then Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White and
"Monty Python and the Holy Grail"'s Black Knight and
Benito Mussolini and The Blue Meanie and
Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie
Robocop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk, and Darth Vader
Lo Pan, Superman, every single Power Ranger
Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan,
Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock, and Hulk Hogan
all came out of no where lightning fast
and they kicked Chuck Norris in his cowboy ass
it was the bloodiest battle the world ever saw
with civilians looking on total awe

I think the power lies not only in the tune, which is contagious enough, but that the stream of characters referenced throughout the song in some way seems to validate my childhood. The images, meanwhile, tie in so many very recent fads (snakes on a motherfuckin plane!) that the end result is a flash video that perfectly encapsulates my generation, such that watching it feels like one of the most socially appropriate things I can do. Anyways, I'm transfixed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Interested Soldier said...

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a27337612f5.htm

Wholy unrelated, but: check the source, date, topic, and level of outrage. It'd be priceless if it were not sad.

February 13, 2006 at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home