Saturday, February 18, 2006

Whatever he wants

Putting aside Atrios's claim that hunting and drinking are often mixed, this statement by Tucker Carlson (via Daily Kos)is pretty interesting:

I think Cheney gets to do pretty much whatever he wants, which is why he got to have a beer at lunch on a hunt. I’ve been on dozens of hunts, there’s no beer served as lunch. You can’t drink a beer if you shoot, period. Doesn’t matter if you’re shooting five hours after, you’re not allowed to do it. This is the only time I’ve ever heard of it, and I think he gets to do it because he’s the Vice President. So no, I don’t think his doctor’s going to tell him to not have a beer.

I look forward to more challenges to the Bush-Cheney personality cult from conservatives. If we're ever going to fix this mess, it would be immensely helpful of them to detach their misplaced loyalties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home