Thursday, January 13, 2005

Winter break

For those of you who've been checking in, my thanks and apologies for the lack of new material. As current responsibilities make scheduling free time difficult and my absence from Washington keeps me out of the loop, I've regrettably been keeping quite silent of late.

In leu of whatever wit you come here for, try checking out the Poor Man again, or perhaps that perennial favorite, Atrios. Practice your shouting for 1/20, and make plans to constrain spending that thursday. Call your congresspeople about an issue important to you (you know, election fraud, torture-memoing AJ nominees, robbing the future's old people of social security, etc.).

Also, any of you who will be in the District, I'm forming some (rather nascent) plans to hold an inauguration ball alternative. Black tie and all (oh, we do want to be sharply dressed for our tea-drinking repatriation to the Commonwealth). All activities are subject to change, should better suggestions make themselves known.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that some sort of soiree is required. What kind of venue were you thinking? What if instead of black tie, we simply Drank Liberally?

-Vaxciliate

January 13, 2005 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger onlooker said...

Yes, I understand the Atriotic impulse there, but I have a tux. And a tux demands to be used.

January 13, 2005 at 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that makes sense. Remind me about working at the Kennedy Center. More opportunities.

January 14, 2005 at 1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home